Motorcycle Insurance Coverage
If you own, or plan to own a motorcycle in the State of Florida there are some important things you should know about acquiring motorcycle insurance for your vehicle. Most insurance companies offer motorcycle coverage and policies that can be purchased by phone, online, on mobile devices and by independent agents who represent the underwriters. With the increasing amount of motorcycles being insured, the price of coverage has in many states come down and many insurance companies who didn’t previously offer motorcycle coverage are doing so now.
It is always a good idea for first time buyers to seek out professional advice from a knowledgeable insurance agent familiar with motorcycle coverage, even if the costs are slightly higher. Most independent agents can offer you many options of companies who insure motorcycles, their drivers and passengers. Besides protecting the driver most insurance companies provide special features to their policies to make it attractive if you are ever involved in a motorcycle accident. Many insurance companies offer additional discounts to existing policyholder who insure other products with them such as homes and automobiles.
Motorcycles Coverage for Total Loss Accidents
If your bike sustains significant damage or is deemed a total loss some policies offer full replacement costs with no depreciation for parts or total loss replacement coverage for motorcycles less than one-year-old. Additional coverage can be purchased from some insurance companies for even motorcycle up to 3 years old with the full price of the vehicle being replaced for a new model. Motorcycles that are older than 3 years can be covered for current market value, if damaged is beyond repair. Policy holders can also add additional coverage for personal belongings and equipment add-ons if damaged or stolen.
Many insurance underwriters offer Accident Forgiveness Policies for what they call, Small Accidents; damage under $500.00. Many have total loss forgiveness policies for accidents over $500.00 where the insurer has been holding an active policy for a certain period of time. Original Equipment Manufactories, or OEM’s are parts replacement policies using only original parts to repair damaged motorcycles. These types of replacement policies are very common as an added feature of insurance offerings.
Types of Vehicle Covered
From brand new factory direct motorcycles to customized bikes, most insurance companies insure almost every kind of road and off-road vehicle. Dirt bikes, sports bikes, high performance bikes, all terrain 3-wheelers and 4-wheelers, cruisers, antique or collectable motorcycles, mopeds and scooters are some of the types of vehicles insurance companies offer insurance for.
Standard Motorcycle Coverage
All insurance coverage begins with protecting motorcyclists, their passengers and other drivers/passengers and vehicles in the event an accident occurs.
- Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability coverage pays for damages sustained to other vehicles, property damaged, drivers and passengers if the accident is caused by the motorcyclist. It also provides for legal costs in the event you are sued by someone.
- Collision coverage pays for damages when your motorcycle is hit by someone or you hit someone else.
- Comprehensive coverage covers physical damage to the motorcycle sustained by vandalism or stolen.
- Uninsured or under insured motorcycle insurance coverage protects you in the event you are involving in an accident with an uninsured motor vehicle as long as the accident is not your fault. If the vehicle involved doesn’t carry enough insurance to cover your expenses, the policy will cover any additional expense to repair or replace your motorcycle.
- No fault or personal injury protection coverage protects you or your passenger in the event of an accident.
- Medical coverage is also available for protecting parties injured as a result of an accident.
Motorcycle Accident Lawyer – Qualified Legal Representation>
If you or a loved one have been involved in a motorcycle or any other 2, 3 or 4-wheeled vehicle accident that was not your fault, there are some things you should know about.
- Always get insurance information from any of the drivers involved, when a minor accident, with no bodily injuries has taken place.
- Take photos of the mishap if possible including all damage to the vehicles involved and the layout of the roadway and conditions present.
- If anyone is injured immediately call 911 and wait for emergency vehicles to arrive.
- Never make any omissions statements to the police but provide any records requested, driver’s license, insurance card, registration etc.
- Contact the Law office of Artie Shimek who has the knowledge and experience to represent injured victims and their families involved in motorcycle accidents.
Artie Shimek has been representing injured victims and their families in Escambia, Santa Rosa, Walton and Okaloosa Counties for over 28 years. Artie’s legal practice exclusively handles all types of personal injury cases. From motorcycle accidents to semi-truck, wrongful death cases to medical mistakes, Artie and his knowledgeable legal staff have been battling insurance companies on behalf of their clients with a case success rate of over 98%. When winning your case is the only thing that counts, call the law office of Artie Shimek at 850-434-7995, Our consultations are always free.
We charge no fees or costs unless we win money for you.